Thursday, October 13, 2011

Yes, I know it's been too long

I was doing so well keeping up with this blog until school ended in June.  The same day the kids got out of school family came into town and stayed at my house for the next month, which was fun and wonderful but totally threw me off my routine.  I did eventually get back onto a schedule of housework, exercise, playing with kids, friends, errands, hobbies, etc, but blogging never was revived.  So, here I am with a few minutes before I shower and go to Logan's ophthalmology appointment in Bellevue.
Countdown to Halloween!
I am in full-on project mode these days.  I have walls to paint, a bed frame to complete, windows to renovate and put in the living room, Halloween costumes to complete, and a host of other stuff!  Obviously, I have to get Halloween stuff done first, but I have also put a goal date of December 6 to get EVERYTHING else done.  I absolutely love autumn, in some ways it is my favorite season of the year, but this year things seem to be a little more hectic--wait, let me correct myself--things ARE more hectic.  Savvy is in both piano and track; Mathew is in both piano and soccer; Logan is in kindergarten now and I have Grey this year!  There's all kinds of school stuff for the kids and school stuff that David's got to be at, and Super Saturday is coming up (and I am teaching a class on creative gift-wrapping).  I canned applesauce, cider, and jam with Julie the other week, which was a MUST.  And the Primary program is in 2 Sundays and my kids have practice to go to.  And I taught RS last Sunday.  Truly, I have cut out everything that doesn't matter to me, and everything that stays on the calendar matters to me, so what can I do but take a deep breath and be happy that I have a full and wonderful life?  Inhale.....exhale.....phew! 

A family of Gryffindors for Halloween!  Robes from Valu Village, I crocheted the scarves

Pear apple and cranberry pie! 

The bed frame and windows I was talking about, currently in my garage.
Ahhhh, the holiday season.......I love it.  AND I think a vacation is in order in January....:)

1 comment:

  1. Your boys look so cute! I love the scarfs. Oh yes, the holiday season is amongst us- such an evfentful time but full of memories, your posts are fun to read!

    ReplyDelete