OK, I had a good friend tell me that if I just spent the 5 minutes that I normally Facebook and devoted that to blogging, I would have a blogging journal page. I kind of feel like this is me learning to run outside all over again--little by little, I have to "force" myself to get onto the blog and JUST WRITE something!! But it's not as easy as everyone seems to make it look!
So, speaking of running, I did get outside today. My friends Julie and Jen and I go to each other's houses and watch each other's kids while the others go and run, but today it was just me and Julie. I decided to do sprints, because my finish time in the Y Run for Kids 5K in Tacoma last week wasn't too great. UGH!! But I hate sprints! I ran up to a development that's as flat as they come, built on the mountain as we are, and ran as fast as I could for about, oh, maybe 200 yards, three times. Holy Crud, I thought I was going to have a heart attack! Sprints are killer, but I want to get faster, and ya gotta do what ya gotta do.
Needless to say, I was beat getting home, and God bless Julie, she took my four year old Logan to her house to play so that I could go shopping without the monkey! I just had my sweet little baby Grey, who doesn't complain or grab things off the shelves or push buttons at the check out, which is especially hard when I'm trying to bag my own groceries at Winco (sometimes I think I should just shell out the extra dough and go to Fred Meyer just so I don't have to bag it myself).
And oh! the sunshine was out today when I got home, so I kicked Logan outside to play with his best friend next door, so he got A LOT of play time to day, which I always hope helps temper him for dinner time, but doesn't always work.
And it doesn't always work because when Daddy gets home from work, the kids are so excited to see him, especially Logan, that it's like he got a dose of speed or something! So, this exuberant child, who got up at midnight by the way because he peed his bed, then got up again before 6 am, spends all day playing, crazy-happy-that-Daddy-is-home during dinner, and then after Family Home Evening we had ice cream. It's hard to believe that he is sleeping right now.
But everything is better with ice cream, right?
Yay, Ady! You're off to a great start! With the 4 children who happen to live at your house, you will never, ever lack for something to write about! And, maybe we'll even hear about you or David every so often... ;)
ReplyDeleteWelcome to the blogging world Ady!! It's much better than facebook :) And yes, everything is better with ice cream!
ReplyDelete