Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter part 1 (also known as "David's 40th Birthday")

I know that Seattle weather is moody, but it was in a very good mood for Saturday before Easter, which was David's birthday. It was so nice outside, we went out for a run up to Panorama Heights and down Sky Island Drive (a good 2.5 miles). When we got home, Savvy had dressed the boys up as "princes" and she was the "princess." We have great kids!
So, being the Saturday before Easter, there was an Easter egg "hunt" at the local park--I parenthesize "hunt" because it is only a hunt in the theoretical sense, and not in any way a literal hunt because the ground is covered with plastic eggs! Some hunts challenge kids, you know, and they feel the triumph of finding an egg. There are two kinds of triumph with the park "hunt:" A) your kid is able to grab an egg before someone else gets it, and B) not getting trampled on. I am not exaggerating when I say that the siren blared to start the thing, and ninety seconds later it was over! I do need to add that it is sectioned off, so little tiny kids have their own section and then a little older kids have theirs, and then it's something like 8 and up have their section. It was still nuts. Poor Logan only got two eggs. But Mommy made up for it when we got home with a HUGE basket of Easter candy and each kid got their favorite sugary cereal (which I only buy twice a year) as a present. Yes........I am a sucker for my kiddies.
I spent the next several hours cooking, cleaning, decorating, managing the kids and fielding phonecalls getting ready for David's party--I have to say, it was only a success because of wonderful family and friends. We are truly blessed. And we all had lots of fun. And no, I did not put all 40 candles on David's cake (which Melanie made and was 7 kinds of awesome)--I didn't want to set my kitchen sprinklers off. :)


I tell ya, party decorations make my house look so fun! I'm always hesitant to take them down....black and red balloons and streamers and tissue pom-poms are great for Mother's Day, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment