Thursday, May 5, 2011

Easter part 2

Easter Sunday started early; I got to the church building just about 8:20 am to practice singing a duet with my friend Amy, and my friend Kristi was accompanying on the piano.  I think we sounded great, and I love singing, so it was really nice, and bonus, I wasn't as nervous as I feared I would be (Ady singing + nervous = no high notes.)  My mom was able to come, which was also wonderful, but Dad was at home cooking the ham that we were to enjoy later.
So, David had the kids most of Sacrament meeting, then we switched and I had Grey for Sunday School so that David could teach Gospel Doctrine (which was a great lesson, babe!)  It really was a wonderful Sabbath worship.
Then we went over to my parents' house for an Easter feast!  Holy hot crossed buns, there was a lot of food, especially since it was a family reunion of sorts and cousins and aunts and uncles were there, too.  I really ate my weight in ham.  I also got to enjoy a treat of legendary status in the Marty family, which my uncle Donnie makes called "Lush"--a shortbread crust topped with alternating layers of chocolate pudding with cream cheese and whipped cream and custard.  DROOOOOOL.......it's so good.  My cousin Blake actually elbowed me to get to it first. We ate and chatted and laughed and ate some more.  I love being with family.
It was a perfect Easter....food and family and worshiping the Savior.
And matching outfits.

2 comments:

  1. Ady, I love this picture of your family! You all look great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the matching outfits!! Adorable family!!!

    ReplyDelete