 |
Reegan, McKenna, and Savvy
|
I guess we're a family of runners--I started the trend a few years ago, then David started several months ago, and now our Savvy is enjoying it too! She loves to tell us how far she ran and how fast she ran it in (and even though I wasn't too thrilled to buy another new pair of tennis shoes, I do love that she loves running). So, with some encouragement, she decided to join track this year. And yes, I was also not thrilled about packing up the boys every Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday to pick her up later at the school, it was really good for her. I love that activities like sports, art, music, drama, clubs, and other such extracurricular stuff really brings out my kids' confidence and helps them find their likes and make new friends and find out who they are.
 |
| She takes off... |
 |
| ...and.... |
 |
| ...Bam! |
 |
| Ethan after winning his race and proud mama, Jana |
 |
| 1x400 relay |
 |
| 1x400 |
 |
| 4x400 relay |
 |
| 4x400 relay |
 |
| 4x400 relay |
 |
| 4x400 relay |
 |
| McKenna, 4x400 relay |
 |
| McKenna to Reegan, 4x400 relay |
 |
| Tired! |
So, Savvy ran in the 1x400 and 4x400 relay races with some friends (Reegan, McKenna, and McKenzie) and they did pretty well! She also did the long jump and the softball throw (phew, glad it wasn't an actual shot put, can you imagine? My daughter barely weighs more than that sucker). It was also the
perfect weather! David was able to come from work early and watch the whole meet, which was great because I had the boys sometimes and then we'd switch so that I could take pictures. We had a great time, so much so that we decided we could even handle a family night out at McDonald's afterwards.
No comments:
Post a Comment